Sonntag, 31. März 2019

Jerusalem - another great, but cold day

It was incredibly cold, windy and rainy today, less than 10 degrees. But I had a great day, nevertheless. As I had problems with  my camera I tried to find a shop for a solution. I found one with competent and helpful people. Eitan, the boss, and Shmaya took care of my camera and wanted to contact me later on. Meanwhile, I enjoyed walking through the streets and visiting the Machane Yehudah market were I had a nice homemade tea. After that I visited the Friends of Zion Museum - a very well-designed, innovative exhibition that tells stories of love and heroism of Christian Zionists in the last 150 years. A lot of its interactive presentations can be seen on their website:
www.fozmuseum.com
Here some examples, I created:




I had lunch in the Village Green - a popular and delicious Vegetarian restaurant nearby. You can combine your dishes and get salads from an extensive bar. The freshly baked bread was the best I've ever had in Israel. There I met two young German Theology students, a man and a woman who study in Israel for 8 months. We had a nice conversation about the Shvil and our experiences. When we touched politics we had controversial positions and I made a strong stand for Israel.
In the afternoon I returned to my hostel and spent some time there, before I took the tram to Mount Herzl to visit the Herzl Museum. I learnt more about this great visionary. He helped launch Zionism as a modern political movement whose objective was the establishment of a Jewish homeland. He had a great impact on people, but he couldn't see his dream taking shape, as he died in 1904.
In the evening I went to a worship service at Christ church.
Machane Yehuda market

selection of sweats

wonderful spices 

Manni having his tea

Village Green Restaurant - recommendation!

Theodor Herzl's office 

two Zionists

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen