Dienstag, 26. März 2019

Day 18: On the way up to Jerusalem

The hospitality of the Israelis is just outstanding as I experienced with all my friends who welcomed me to feel at home. The other group I need to mention here are the shvil angels. These are people who live near the Shvil and open their homes to tired hikers in need of a bed, a shower and something to eat - for just a thank you. Today I'm staying with such a wonderful Orthodox family in Moshav Gizmo.
I was hiking from El'ad to Moshav Gimzo mostly along the highways 6 and 1, so it was often noisy. Nevertheless, it was a nice hike with a lot of great spots and views. Close to El'ad you can visit a Roman Mausoleum which is still well-preserved.
At Tel Hadid archaeologists found evidence that this place had been inhabited as early as the Bronze Age. It is mentioned twice in the Bible and a mosaic from the 6th century was found here. On a clear day there is also a magnificent view down to Tel Aviv in the west. I was also not far from the Ben Gurion Airport and saw a lot of planes. In the late afternoon a jeep was approaching me and a soldier called Haim stopped, smiled at me and we started a very nice conversation. His family loves Germany so might see each other again or we or we might even do another home exchange.
My today's destination was the Moshav of Gimzo. I finished the day together with my host Elazar in the synagoge with an evening prayer.

I also would like to give my German friends and readers an update with some background information on the Gaza situation (only in German):
http://www.israelheute.com/Nachrichten/Artikel/tabid/179/nid/35228/Default.aspx

Roman Mausoleum

skyline in the west

hiking along the highway


Tel Hadid




Haim a very friendly soldier

Synagoge of Moshav Gimzo



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen