Donnerstag, 14. März 2019

Day 8: From the Jordan valley towards Mount Tabor


Today I walked along the Jordan river. The morning was cloudy and in the afternoon there were rain showers. So the photos didn't turn out too well. I had to walk up from -200 to 300 m above sea level, to the so-called Elot outlook. On the way up I was called by a Christian radio journalist who wants to do some interviews with me and broadcast about my experiences on the Shvil for the next few weeks. I will add the links to the program.
In the afternoon walking became quite exhausting, as the mud was sticking on my hiking boots. In total I walked 24 km and reached Kfar Kisch, a Moshav at the feet of Mount Tabor. Mount Tabor lies majestically and sticks out in the broad valley. I could see it afar since noon. One very positive aspect of this hike was, that I didn't have to cross on single road for the whole day. At Kfar Kisch I can stay at an open barn where Stefan, a hiker from Switzerland, joined me. He started from the South and will finish the Shwil soon.

Goodbye from Rob Ŕoy canoing

The Jordan river

Shelter under tree



Mount Tabor

Hier der Link zum Interview:
https://christlichesradio.de/mannis-shvil-2019-israel-trail/neue-serie-in-denkmal-mannis-shvil-der-israeltrail-teil-1/


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen