Donnerstag, 7. März 2019

Day 2 to Yesha Fort - a long hike on my own


This was my first day totally on own and it turned out to be a tough hike: 21 km along the Naftali mountains, down to Yesha Fort. I can say it worked very well. The App Israel National trail (free in Google Play) is superb and allows me to navigate with GPS and it always shows some highlights of each hike.
I got up at 6 am, set off at 7 and reached my destination, the Kibbuz Yichtach, around 3 pm.
This long term hiking with a heavy backpack (think I carry around 17,5 kg) is demanding. But I can manage and I take breaks. The nature here is unbelieveably nice. I like this smell of herbs in the air.  The weather started sunny, but became cloudy later on with some rain showers. So the view up to the Golan heights on the opposite side (the Hula valley in between) was disturbed. On the way I met a nice young Israeli couple from time to time. We had a nice chat. They got to know each other in the army. He Itamar just finished 4 days ago, she Sachar some month earlier. They were in the tank unit in the Negev. When we were driving south to Eilat last summer we saw this unit on the way.
The Israelis are extraordinary friendly people. The whole day I had short but very nice contacts. I was staying with a Shvil angel in a Kibbuz and when I entered the Kibbuz some people stopped their cars or shouted from somewhere asking if I needed help. People who are doing the Shvil are treated with great care and respect.
While walking today I was contemplating "being on the hike" or in general "being on the walk of life". Here this wonderful Psalm (Tehila) came to my mind and I prayed this Psalm and its meaning for my life: The Lord is my shepherd:

Psalm 23 

A psalm of David.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.








1 Kommentar:

  1. Schön Deinen Weg verfolgen zu dürfen.
    Ich bin gespannt, ob Du gegen Ende Deines Weges auch noch so gesprächig bist.

    AntwortenLöschen