Mittwoch, 6. März 2019

Hike, bus ride and a nice get together

Before leaving the Fuchs family I went for a little hike in Ramot Menashe, which means the hills of Menashe. I went to a nice spot with wonderful flowers and a nice outlook. Even there was a thunderstorm close east of me I was brave to go further. I went down to a little creek and a forest.  It was very nice. I was surronding the Kibbuz and came back from the other side. When I walk up to the first houses I by surprise came to the graveyard. There was some activity there and a lady told me that the founder of the Kibbuz died in the age of 95. So people were preparing his funeral. I think it is important to say that the Kibbuz was founded directly after WWII by Holocaust survivors from Europe.




Then I went by Bus down south to Kfar Vitkin. In Kfar Vitkin we spent our last holiday in August in the house of the Tifferet family.  The Tifferets on the other side stayed in our house. This evening we were meant to meet the first time personally. This was very exciting. When you do an home exchange you come very close to the other family even when you don't meet personally. So it was wonderful to finally meet. We had a very nice evening in sharing thoughts on life, politics and also my friendship to Israel. Together with Dan I was optimizing my backpack, because it was too heavy for doing the Shvil.

The trip to the Tifferets by bus brought force also a nice episode. I was at the wrong bus station so I had to take another bus with another route. I didn't panic, since I knew the area from last years home exchange. As an additional challenge it was raining. But I relaxed and thought that I will take it step by step. First leaving the bus at the right junction and then either walk the 3km to Kfar Vitkin or just trying to stop a car. Finally I stopped a car, Amit a very friendly person took me to Kfra Vitkin. This was the first time in my life, when I stopped a car.

1 Kommentar: