Freitag, 22. März 2019

Day 15: Sdot Jam to Bet Yanai to a Purim celebration


In the morning I used the opportunity to start my day with a swim in the sea. As soon as I hit the Shvil, I met three Shvilists coming from the south. It was very nice meeting Aviv from Israel and Stefan and Simone from Switzerland and we exchanged contact information. Then I arrived in Hadera, the twin city of my hometown Nuremberg. Hadera seems to be a booming town, but you also find a lot of one story buildings. It was Friday and the preparations for Shabes were going on everywhere. I went to a nice bakery with a variety of cakes, this place was packed with people. I saw young soldiers returning home from their service. Many families were in the parks and enjoyed their time together. The beginning of Shabbat on Friday evening with the Shabbat dinner is very important for Israeli families. Normally all family members try to come home to be together.
Todays hike let me mostly inland, the way back to the sead was along the Nahal Alexander which is a Home for very big turtles.
I was happy to visit the Tifferet family again with whom we enjoyed our last home exchange. Then I went to a Kibbuz were Michael lives and whom I got to know last year in the Messianic congregation in Netanya. Messianic Jews believe in the God of Israel, the Jewish Bible and that Yeshua is the Messiah who fulfilled all the prophesies of the Tanach such as Jeremia 31 (starting with  Vers 30), in which God stated that he would make a new covenant with Israel.
We went to a Purim feast in the congregation Bei Asaph together. It was great to have this joyful evening together with brothers and sisters in God's family.

a nice meeting with other hikers coming from the south

Hadera: a lot of building going on

Hadera - old city center

Bakery - delicious offerings

a soldier coming home for Shabat

families enjoying their time in the nature

Messianic congregation in Netanya

children and adults presenting their Purim costumes


worshipping together 




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen