Sonntag, 10. März 2019

Day 5: Mount Meron the highest point of the Shvil


I had my daily morning procedure (now waking up without alarm) and left the Kibbuz at 7:30. On the way out I had a nice chat with a mechanical engineer of the factory. First I hitchhiked and then walked up to the Mount Meron Field school (the same place I was yesterday). From there my official day trip started. I had to walk up through the forest. At 09:30 I reached the top of Mount Meron and had a spectacular view into Lebanon and up to the North of Israel. It was wonderful, I spend some time there enjoying the quietness. I listened to the Bible (Matthew / Mattityahu Chapter 21). Jeshua is talking about true faith and is challenging the Torah teachers. I understand that Biblical faith has something to do with action / deads. Either I take the word of God for me and take active steps in my life or I expect God to act and to care for my problems or my provision. Faith is never passive.
I had to walk around the peak of the mountain because the Israeli military is there. On the highest point I met the first big group of school children. There was no quietness from now on as other groups followes. Judging by the noise it felt as if all Israeli schools were out on a field trip on Mount Meron, but it was only the one from Petach Tikvah. I learned that each school class has a security guard with them. This has been the law since the Intifada. The guard is in charge of  security, first aid and psychological support. I saw one security guy taking care of a boy who hurt is knee.
I had nice conversations with adults and met a lot of cheeky Israeli kids. Many of them tried to speak some words with me in English.
My lunch break afterwards was spent in quietness. Then I walked up to Meron and decided to take a bus to Zafet. As I had to wait for the bus there was enough time to eat my first Falafel so far. Today a very kind family in Zafet hosted me as Shvil angels. Their son Avraham picked me up and welcomed me. He explained that his family is a modern orthodox family. The parents Miriam and Jakov shared that they are longing for new spiritual experiences also together with others. We were sharing about the biblical fullfilment of prophesies from the Tanach (Old Testament) which led to the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948. I shared that we are regularly praying for Israel in our congregation which really touched them.
Miriams parents Avraham and Eleanora were prisoners in the UdSSR and revealed a lot of insights about the UdSSR system to the west after they could immigrate to Israel. Watch this video (at least the first 8 minutes, very interesting)
https://youtu.be/_uplNT3-9Z4



Manni on the highest point of the Shvil 1200m

Great view, how distant downwards are the fields

First aid by the security guard, a very nice Druse guy

Nearly "all" israeli Pupils on Mount Meron

My first Falafel on the Shvil

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen