Samstag, 23. März 2019

Day 16: From Netanya to Tel Aviv (30km +)

In the morning Ravit and Michael showed me around Kibbuz Giv'at Haim Meuhad. It was founded in 1933 as a Kibbuz with Communist standards. Ravit told me that she was separated from her parents when she was a child. There was one dining room for the Kibbuz members. And they had hardy any private possessions. Ravit didn't like this system. She rebelled and became a Hippie and later an anthroposophist, but she never found peace. Later her believing sister and brother-in-law always prayed for her and she started feeling Gods presence. This changed her life and she became a believer in Yeshua, which wasn't a problem for her Kibbuz where she had returned and still lives.
Ravit and Michael in front of the dining hall

How everything began in 1933...

I started hiking at the northern promenade in Netanya. A long hike lay ahead of me - more than 30 km. It was a perfect day for hiking - cloudy and not too hot.
the 9 km long promenade in Netanya promenade

Netanya - view at one of the many beaches

break at Poleg beach

Afterwards I met hikers coming from the south 
Roman, Colin and Coren

I passed by the "Wingate Institute" named after General Wingate, a Christian Zionist. This base for sports and military training was established in 1957.  
Today's hike lead me through nice dunes and I walked by Apollonia, an ancient Phoenician settlement on a cliff above the sea. 10 km north of Tel Aviv I reached Herzliya, where I took some photos. I kept walking along the beach and was even considering alternative ways of going to Tel Aviv as I was so exhausted.


Suddenly I heard from behind two ladies talking to me - Athanasia and Carina from Russia who were also hiking from Netanya to Tel Aviv. We quickly found out that we all believe in Yeschua and had a great time together. We promised to meet again in the congregation in Netanya.

a nice and surprising travel company

At Tel Baruch beach we said goodbye to each other. Finally at 6.30 pm after more than 30 km I reached my destination - Arik's apartment in northern Tel Aviv.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen