Dienstag, 5. März 2019

Tel Aviv an israeli winter day

I woke up this morning with a sound I had not heard in Israel before - rain! The sun rose at 6 and we had rain showers in the morning. I was in contact with several Israeli friends and they all advised me to start the Shvil a little bit later, since winter is not over yet and there is still rain up in the north, where I will start.


Arik took a day off and we did some shopping for the Shvil, bought Mana chama ("hot Manna" which is dehydralized food that I can prepare on my gas heater) and I got a SIM card to be always online. On the way we visited Nathan, a close friend of Arik who was once his boss at work. Nathan`s name fits very well to his personality. It was so inspiring to exchange thoughts with him. He shared his story: born in Marocco, he moved to France when he was 4 and came to Israel in 1983. We were sitting on his wonderful balcony, having tea the Maroccan style and just enjoying life. Both, Nathan and Arik, intend to join me later on the Shvil.



In the afternoon Arik, the dogs and I went to the beach on this Israeli winter day. We did some running and played around with the dogs. During our last vacations we have often been to the "Tel Baruch" beach in northern Tel Aviv.

Water Temperature !!!




                                              A very nice start indeed! Thank you Arik!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen