Sonntag, 17. März 2019

Day 11 - from Alon Hagalil to Yagur (next to Haifa)




With this next 24 km hike I was in the sight of Haifa. Today I had a perfect day for hiking - sunny with some clouds but not too hot. On my way I was reminded of Psalm 31 verse 15: "My times are in your hands" I thought and prayed about it. Yes, my present life and the span of my life is in God's hands, as well as this day and my time here in Israel. I want to trust him and I want to be open for his will. Then I also listened to this Psalm and found out that king David wrote it when he was in big trouble because of his enemies and his own sin. Even in all those difficulties he was reaching out for God and putting his trust in him. A very good example!
Today's hike took me to Alon Ha'Galil were a wine producer had brought a hut from the Appalachian Trail and where he sells wine now. For the first time on the Shvil I also saw some sheep grazing on the field, I've already seen hundreds of cows, but I thought that Israel is more of a sheep country...
Then I passed by a horse spring which consists of walls from the Byzantine time. Later I came to Tachanat Hanezirim which used to be a water mill in the Ottoman era. I had a nice short lunch there. On the way up to the Haifa viewpoint I lost my way and got off track to a nice spot were I had another break, but this consumed my valuable time. So at the end of this day I had to speed up to finish my hike at 5:15 pm. I took the bus to Michael Fuchs were I was warmly welcomed especially by their three lovely children. They even thought that I would bring Ute and Jakob with me today and they had a bed prepared for Jakob.

the hut from the Appalachian trail

a sheep herd grazing

Panorama on the way

the horse pool

first of two lunch breaks

Hanezirim Mill, it belongs to the Vatican

Panorama view towards Haifa and the sea

more cows than Shvilists on the Shvil

4 Kommentare:

  1. Wenn ich das richtig sehe, bist Du jetzt auf Höhe Haifa und hast schon die Hälfte der Strecke bis Tel Aviv. Ich meine, Du bist ziemlich zügig unterwegs mit Deinen Etappen.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Ja, läuft sehr gut. Die Ruhetage habe ich dann aber dringend nötig. Sonst alles planmäßig.

      Löschen
  2. Wow, liest sich sehr gut, Manni und animiert zum Nachdenken! Und ein tolles Interview...
    Ich wünsche dir weiterhin die Offenheit und Energie für weitere spannende Erfahrungen und Erkenntnisse!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Manfred, what a journey. Keep on going!!!
    Grüße aus Khe

    AntwortenLöschen