Samstag, 9. März 2019

Day 4 - a wonderful Shabat adopted by an Israeli family


I am an early bird now. I got up at 6 am as I wanted to be focused and on the road early. I left Kibbuz Yir'on at 7 am on this Shabbat, so it was very quiet in the Kibbuz. No one was out, no cars on the road. I had to walk back to the Shvil and reached my starting point at 8 am. I enjoyed the quietness and the beautiful spring nature and had to praise God for it. I also prayed for God's provision for the night, since sleeping outside is still  too cold at night. My destination for the day was Mount Meron. There is a field school on the mountain, but I wasn't able to get connected yet.  After an hour I took a break to rest in the morning sun when heard my name being called - it was Itamar and Sachar, my new friends from day 2. Itamar's mother Eiyaled joined them for the day, his father Gadi was the driver and wanted to meet them later on. So we started walking together. Itamar's parents are farmers who grow wheat in the Galil (Galiläa). Mum and I had a nice conversation about farming and the differences between Israel and Germany concerning farming and about many other things, also about the terror tunnels of the Hisbollah at the Lebanese border which are there to bring terrorists secretly into Israel and and to cause crime and murder without any strategic approach in a war aspect - only terror. Iran funded this terror project with 15 billion US Dollars. Imagine how much prosperity and progression for people could have been funded with this high sum. Gadi, the father, joined us later and they invited me for a lunch break.
Later our way separated as they wanted to walk a different route and I stayed on the Shvil. Early in the afternoon I reached the base camp of Mount Meron - my goal for this day. Here I wanted to find a shelter for the night. Unfortunately the gate of the field school was closed and the mobile number didn't work. But suddenly I saw Gadi and his wife in their car. They told me that they had changed plans. They offered to take me to Shvil angels. I immediately got a bed in Kibbuz Sasa, a prosperous and special Kibbuz (link at the bottom). My provision was there - halleluja!
Itamar and Sachar invited me to join them for a meal at a Hummus place and they also kindly invited me to stay with them when I would pass their area - what kind new friends! The Hummus restaurant is run by a Christian Arab community living peacefully in Israel and there we continued our conversation. We were talking about the backgrounds of our families. The mother's grandfather had fled from Vienna when he was only 15 and he was the only survivor of his family. Her other side is an old Israeli family, Itamar is the 18. generation living in Israel. I was also sharing my personal story of having a bad conscience as a young man towards Israel and the Jewish people, that I was very sorry for what happened in the Shoa and how this influenced my own family and how I wanted to deal with the past, that my wife and I decided to always make a stand for Israel and that we want to be commited friends of Israel. I think the whole day and our conversations were a blessing for all of us. Here are some impressions of my day 4 on the Shvil:
my shelter in Kibbuz Yir'on

Dishon stream

Bar'am nature reserve

Bar'am nature reserve

Bar'am nature reserve

lunch break

Hummus in Jish

https://www.deutschlandfunk.de/kibbutz-sasa-wo-der-sozialismus-funktioniert.1773.de.html?dram:article_id=424066

2 Kommentare:

  1. Wunderbar, was du erlebst. Bleib weiterhin behütet. Das wünscht dir Mutti Helga.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. God is caring for you. Great story of your morning prayer and Gods provision at the end of the day.

    AntwortenLöschen