Mittwoch, 13. März 2019

Day 7: On the heights over the Kinnereth


I started from Wadi Mamam and went up Mount Arbel. This mountain looks majestic and steep when you start climbing up. Some parts involved even rock climbing. After 1,5 hours I reached the top. From up there as well as on my way down again I enjoyed an outstanding view. The only issue was that the sight was not too clear, but I think this is quite normal here. On this mountain you can see caves which were used as fortifications during the revolt against the Romans and also during the Ottoman era. A bit further east there are the Horns of Hattin, the site of the famous battle of Hattin (1187; Saladin and the crusaders). Today I saw a lot of caterpillars in the grass that will soon turn into butterflies. Also the birds were singing and enjoying the blooming nature and warmth. In the afternoon I had a tea break with cake and a little catnap afterwards.
The descent let me down to sealevel again and then to -200 m  at the so-called Motor house (an old pumping station), the lowest point of the Shvil. Shortly afterwards I came to the Yardenit Christian baptism site and finally to my destination Rob Roys, a canoing site with places to relax. Here I could stay for the night. 
Mount Arbel

Mount Arbel

Horns of Hattin

Salamander: Sun bathing


Team break

Jordan

Rob Roy Camping at jordan

Motor house - lowest point of the Shvil

2 Kommentare:

  1. Auf dem Arbel bin ich auch gewesen - herrlich. Freut mich, dass Dich Dein Weg über den Arbel führte.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hast Du unter Dir Tiberias liegen sehen?

    AntwortenLöschen