Dienstag, 3. März 2020

Day6: The Small Crater - in one word - majestic!

Noam took us to our starting point Meizad Tamar, a former fortress. We skipped a little part of the Shvil.
The brightness of the sunlight is energizing me a lot, so it is no problem for me to get up and start hiking motivated.

On our way to the Makthan Katan, the small crater I was taking my time to pray and praise God. As Shvil team we got the idea to quote Psalm 121 and to gain confidence for all challenges ahead. "I lift my eyes up to the mountains, where does my help come from. My help comes from you maker of heaven, creator of the earth."






The hiking weather today was perfect, even when it got hot later down in the Crater.
After 1,5 to 2 hours we reached the eastern rim of the Crater. For me one word describes it best - majestic. How majestic this whole Crater is. You could just be quiet, look and enjoy. We took a break on the rim and enjoyed ourselves.

Then we started descending down. It took us more time than expected, at the center of the Crater we were again beneath Sea level. On our way we had nice chats with other Shvilists or Israelis who were doing a day trip on Israeli election day. Especially with one family close to Caesaraea we had a nice conversation, maybe the Fuersattel family will do a home exchange with them in the future. I am sure my wife loves this idea.

At lunch time we arrived the exit of the Crater, so so-called Satans mouth. From geological perpective an amazing feature of the Crater. During the break we also used the time to have a 10 minutes nap.
Then we headed for the Maala Eli ascend a very steap one. We had some of our dates, which gave us enough energy to do the 350 high meters of the ascend. This ascend alone took us 1,5 hours. Finally we were up and enjoyed once again the spectacular views, now in the orange colours of the evening sun.

We had to head to the military base to get our water, went to the night camp, set up our tents and prepared our evening dinner. Simon is great in cooking rice and we had asian sauce with it. We went to bed very early.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen