Sonntag, 14. April 2019

Mannis Shvil Israel 2019: Resumee


Best pictures:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3DCPJT3o1yLfuXo8
As you know I just finished my Shvil two days ago in Arad so here is a short resumee.

To put it briefly, the Shvil was one of the best things I have ever done in my life.
Even though I was on my own, I always met people on the way and at the Shvil Angels‘ places in the evenings. Besides that Israeli friends supported me very much troughout my journey so I didn't feel alone (most of the time). On the contrary I enjoyed the time on my own with my God.
Usually I would start hiking in the morning while sorting my thoughts. After a while I would start praying, oftentimes I prayed the Lord‘s prayer from Matthew 6 because it covers all aspects of our lives. Then I would always pray for my family and various people, for example some that I had met on the Shvil.
What I have come to appreciate a lot during the last few weeks is to just be in nature and enjoy its beauty. It‘s a place which brings me closer to God and helps me to rest in myself. I am also someone who loves to have views of landscapes because it gives me a feeling of freedom and I can tell you I have been at a lot of magnificent viewpoints on the Shvil.

The various encounters with the people in Israel made this time so special. People opened their hearts and shared with me their interests as well as their concerns.
I had countless deep conversations, for instance about our family histories, not avoiding the whole topic of the Holocaust with all its consequences or about what it meant for me to be a friend of Israel and to believe in the God of the Bible.

Obviously another great aspect of my Shvil was to get to know Israel much better, especially in a geographical sense. So now I know a lot of new places and can associate them with their history and their location right away.

This time off was very special to me since I could dive into another world and leave the busyness of my everyday life behind for a while.
The last radio interview:
https://christlichesradio.de/allgemein/schlussgespraech-mit-manni-fuersattel-teil-5-israel-national-trail/

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen