Montag, 8. April 2019

Day 27: Hiking through the largest forest to Har Amasa




This morning I was looking forward to another day of hiking and felt fit and ready for it. After a nice breakfast with Gitti and Matti I said goodbye to those wonderful people and went to the supermarket. There I met Dima whom I got to know in Hadassah some days ago. In order to leave Meitar I had to climb over a fence. Then I hiked back to the Shvil. Again I was walking along the fence. I saw some soldiers camping, maybe they were patrolling here. Then I walked up onto an altitude of 590 m. It was very demanding, but the great view into all directions was worth it. I went further east and I met quite a few Shvil hikers coming from the south. Among them was Ya'ir, a very friendly and open young man. We had a nice chat and then also touched the subject of the Holocaust. He wanted to know how I had dealt with the things that my ancestors did. I told him that I had asked for information from a central information office in Berlin and that I got information about my grandfather. I told him that I believe that according to the Tanach the  blessings as well as curses of our ancestors influence our live. I told him that at one point in my life, representative for my family, I confessed the guilt of my ancestors and I asked God for forgiveness and decided to take a new position and to make a difference with my life as a friend of Israel. Ya'ir was very touched, we exchanged contacts and wished each other all the best.
I kept walking and entered the Yatir forest, the largest forest in Israel. In 1964 they started planting trees. At noon I reached the forestry house were I had a lunch break next to some soldiers. They were relaxed people and we had a nice chat. When I went on I had to walk uphill again and it was very demanding because of the heat and the weight of my backpack. I had to carry food which was to last until tomorrow. Finally I arrived in Har Amasa, a fairly young Kibbuz (founded in 1984) with 160 inhabitants. The people from Amasa have a Whatsapp group for Shvilists and one family was ready to take me in. To my amazement we found out that Morija, the wife, is the daughter of John and Judy Pex, the owners of the Shelter Hostel in Eilat were we had stayed many times. John and Judy are wonderful people and also did the Shvil for their 50th birthday. They wrote a book about it and believe it or not, Ute got this book in Nürnberg in the library and we read it. Morija and her husband Tom are also Messianic believers and very serving and caring people. Next to their three children, they took two girls into forster care.

View Back to Meitar

Panoramic view

The Security fence

Yair, another friend and me




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen