Dienstag, 9. April 2019

Day 28: Halleluja I reached Arad




Halleluja, the goal is accomplished! I reached Arad today after about 570 km. These 5 weeks were an extraordinary time for me and my time at the Shvil is one of the best times in my life.
The morning started with a 20 minutes walk up to the second highest point of the Shvil, the top of Mount Amasa (860 m). Here Dima and Olga waited for me and invited me for a drink. We had a great view from the top and could see Arad and even the Edom mountains in Jordan.
Mount Amasa is dividing the Yatir mountain range and the desert, which gets less than 200 mm rain per year.
I walked down and continued on an ancient Roman road which was once used to transport troops from Jerusalem and Hebron to their Negev strongholds. After 2000 years it is still in good condition.
I came close to Drejat with its quarry and passed by an old well from Byzantine time where you can still see a rosette, a Byzantine symbol. The next 6 km were not the nicest of the Shvil - just along a dirtroad to the east - rather boring. Then I finally arrived in Tel Arad which was a strong Canaanite city when the Children of Israel came from Egypt - details can be found here: https://youtu.be/CNzJodTjY9s
It was very hot again, around 30 degrees just like the last three days, so I think it makes sense that I finish now and do the rest next year. I will go to the center of Arad tonight and celebrate a bit, tomorrow I will go back "home" to Arik's place in Tel Aviv and on Friday Ute, Samuel and Jakob will join me here. I will go on writing about our experiences.
Greetings and blessings to all friends who followed my tour.

view back to Har Amasa

Dima sharing a drink with me on top of Mount Amasa

view to the south / east

Dima and Olga - they will walk town to Eilat



ancient Romans road


first camels, we are in the desert now




Tel Arad built by the Israelites

Tel Arad - the older part from the Canaanites

plums - I passed a big orchard 

Arad - accomplished!

3 Kommentare:

  1. Hallo Manni,Emily ist bei mir. Wir freuen uns mit Dir, dass Du es geschafft hast. "Großer Gott wir loben dich!"

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Super Manni. Du hast es geschafft und hast so viele Segnungen erleben dürfen. Sei gedrückt und lass dich aus der Entfernung beglückwünschen. Alles Liebe und bis bald Nobbi

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Prima - geschafft. Eine Wahnsinns-Strecke und unglaublich viel Erlebnisse.

    AntwortenLöschen