Freitag, 5. April 2019

Day 25: To Pura Nature Preserve and a day in Beersheva


I got up very early to hike as far as possible until noon before Avi, my friend from Lehawim, wanted to pick me up. The misty weather was quite atmospheric and I took some nice photos.
Again my path led me to interesting places such as the canyon Nahal Sahd. On the way to Tel Nagila I met 4 Shvil hikers walking north. They were interested why I did the Shvil and I was able to share a little bit about my friendship towards Israel. The Tel Nagila (a tel is an artificial hill) is identified by a single tamarisk tree at its peak. This 400 year old tree can be seen from miles away. Archelologist found the remains of an Iron Age settlement and according to a legend treasures are still hidden up here. I took a break on the hill and enjoyed the great view. Then I continued walking east and after my today's pensum of about 12 km I reached the Pura Nature Preserve with an artificial lake. Avi, my friend who we got to know last August on our return flight, picked me up. He took me to his house in Lewahim and then we went straight to Beersheva, the biggest city in the south of Israel (about 200.000 inhabitants). We did a little Shabbat shopping and Avi proudly showed me around his city, before we had lunch in a restaurant.
Goodbye from Shimon's farm

morning view to the east

 nice athmosphere

Tel Keshet from the North

wheat harvest for silos


Sahd Canyon


Tel Nagila with the tamarisk tree as a marker

view from Tel Nagila

400 year old tamarisk tree

another stork on the way to Europe


old Roman road

We love Beersheva! (meaning well of seven)

a proud citizen of Beersheva

view on the skyline


Avi loves and cares for his cats - this one is called Hitler :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen