Sonntag, 16. Februar 2020

The 2020 Shvil Hikers from Nuremberg

This will be my first journey to Israel.
I like hiking and I am looking forward to see the desert and
sleep in a tent etc.
What will it be like to go without most of the luxury that I usually live with?
Maybe when daily life is reduced to the basic things like drinking, eating,
sleeping and walking it's easier to focus on things that are really meaningful to me. 
Maybe this will help to sort out some problems that I have been struggling with
for a long time.
My desire is to have a special encounter with god to unterstand in a new way who he really is.
(Micha 7:7)
Christian




I expect from this desert hike ...
- encounter God and myself.
- companionship with my oldest son und friends. But also time alone.
- that I'll miss my wife and family.
I'm looking forward to…
- Desert, nature, vastness, starry sky, movement, surprises, encounters.
- letting go, vacation, time for prayer.
Bernhard





With this journey  a dream will be coming true for me which I am carrying for a long time.
 The love for Israel was put in my cradle. My mother loves and prays for Israel since I can remember. In my childhood our house was filled with jewish music, but till today I have not had the opportunity to visit Israel. Last year my wife and my son got the chance to go to Israel, she together with her fellow students and my son with his scout group. They told me so many fantastic stories, which increased my desire to finally travel there too. And then Manni told me about the INT. I attended his report where he gave a presentation about the INT and his time on it and I knew at once this is exactly what I want to do.  The imagination to hike the land with friends, walk together in Jesus footsteps and to meet land and people is outstanding. Other than that I’m looking forward to escape the stress and monotony of everyday life. Furthermore I love the extremes, 4 weeks crossing the desert by foot sounds simply thrilling and fabulous to me.
Simon

In a few weeks I will be joining Manni, Simon, Bernhard und Christian on their trip. I am looking forward to having conversations with friends and strangers on the way. We will get to know each other much better and maybe even make a few new friends.
Traveling with nothing but our backpacks for a few weeks excites me, however I am also a little bit worried about the physicality of the trip. Packing as light as possible is not usually my style.
I do not completely know what else to expect but I am looking forward to a new experience.
Benny


My motivation to join the others hiking the Shvil is mainly to have a good time with friends.
Since I love outdoor activities I openly join this adventure. Additionally I hope to have good views to the stars in the night.  I believe that God reveals himself in his creation. This hike offers a lot of opportunities enjoying God's creation, to be within one's depth and to enjoy fellowship time with God. This I want to do.
Ruben





After the great time on the Shvil last year, I wanted to come back as planned to finish my hike.
In the preperation I felt how extreme the desert is and so I expect an adventure. Everything has to be organized precisely. Last year all the hikers I met told me how special the desert experience is and that the desert is definately the highlight of the Shvil.
Additionally I am looking forward to encounters with friends and new people in Israel. I want to be open to give and receive friendship.
Also I want to make the most of this time off again. Enjoy every single day and God's presence through his creation, his word and in prayer.
Manni

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen